Green Synergy was established in April 2012 as a collaborative community based organisation which exists to create inspiring and therapeutic environments (encompassing plants and/or animals), in which people can socialise, learn and thrive.
Our aims: are to use community horticulture, city farming and broader environmental initiatives to:
- Enable and enhance sustainable socio-economic and environmental well-being and development
- Enhance community cohesion, mental and physical wellbeing, life skills, training and education
Our work is founded in these core objectives:
- The use of ‘best practice’ collaborative and participatory approaches in the development delivery and management of our projects
- The development of city farms and community gardens as hubs for the delivery of multi-benefits for local neighbourhoods
- The use of eco-therapies (for example social and therapeutic horticulture and animal assisted therapies) to improve mental and physical health and well-being
- The ability to support, sustain and grow our enterprise through income generating activities which are compliant with our core aims, values and beliefs
- The creation of networks and partnerships with local organisations and bodies to achieve shared goals.
Green Synergy is a member of the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens; an organisation which exists to support, represent and promote community-managed farms and gardens across the United Kingdom. For further information, or to become a member visit: http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/